Română (România)English (United Kingdom)Serbian

Former “La Trei Husari” House

husari-smallAddress

2 Unirii Square

Date, names and historical functions

1752 – on site there was a ground and first floor house belonging to master glassmaker Simon Mathias

1828 – owner Lazar Lazarovits (Lazăr Lazarovici). On the ground floor, there was the  “La Trei Husari” (“The Three Hussars”) tavern.

The interwar period of the twentieth century, another two levels and an attic are added (superposing). Although the first two levels keep the original masonry, the entire façade is treated in a “modern” style, with a visual expression characteristic to some interwar Timişoara villas. Thus the building did not fit the Unirii Square landscape.

In 1983, architect Şerban Sturza builds a new façade in an eclectic historicist style.

Architectural style

Eclectic, historicist style, with Classicist and Baroque architecture elements.

In the courtyard, the differences between the two phases of construction are visible.

Other information

Shops on the ground floor. Houses on the upper floors.

 

Search the site

logo-engleza-1

Events

<<  August 2019  >>
 Mon  Tue  Wed  Thu  Fri  Sat  Sun 
     1  2  3  4
  5  6  7  8  91011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627 

Fotografii din Timișoara

Fotografii din Banat

Exchange rate

 

european-cities-marketing-logo

For information about the other programmes financed by the European Union in Romania, as well as for detailed information regarding the membership of Romania in the European Union, please visit the website of the Representation of the European Commission in Romania.
The accuracy and the coherence of this website is the sole responsibility of the Municipality of Timisoara and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union.
ukash
elektronik sigara
elektronik sigara e sigara
elips c elektronik sigara
oyunlar oyna