Română (România)English (United Kingdom)Serbian

The Canons’ Houses – House Krautwaschl

casele canonicilor smallCurrent name “The Canons’ Houses” – for all four houses in the block.

Address 11 Unirii Square

Dating 1758 – all four houses named today “The Canons’ Houses” (8, 9 ,10 and 11 Unirii Square) used to form a single building. The unitary façade could still be seen in 1844. Names and historical functions 1828 – the house at no. 11 belonged to Franz Krautwaschl 1844 – “La Struţ” (“The Ostrich”) tavern Bank subsidiaries, editorial offices and political parties’ offices Architectural style The original façade was done in the Austrian Baroque style, with the roof having broken slopes, typically Baroque, and a semicircular fronton Probably rebuilt after the 1849 siege in a Classicist style Restored in 1980 by architect Şerban Sturdza Restored - 2009 Uniqueness aspects In the images stored from the first half of the nineteenth century, the tavern’s trade sign stands out, namely an ostrich painted in red, on the corner from the street, on first floor.

Search the site

logo-engleza-1

Events

<<  June 2019  >>
 Mon  Tue  Wed  Thu  Fri  Sat  Sun 
     

Fotografii din Timișoara

Fotografii din Banat

Exchange rate

 

european-cities-marketing-logo

For information about the other programmes financed by the European Union in Romania, as well as for detailed information regarding the membership of Romania in the European Union, please visit the website of the Representation of the European Commission in Romania.
The accuracy and the coherence of this website is the sole responsibility of the Municipality of Timisoara and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union.
ukash
elektronik sigara
elektronik sigara e sigara
elips c elektronik sigara
oyunlar oyna