Română (România)English (United Kingdom)Serbian

Decebal Bridge

podul decebal-small

It was built between 1909 and 1910, on the Revoluţiei din 1989 Bd. – 3 August 1919 Bd. , engineer Gyözö Mihailich, architect Albert Körössy

Coming from the Cetate district, the visitor crosses the bridge, which constitutes a symbolic gateway to Fabric district. Made of reinforced concrete, the bridge stands out due to its wavy forms, typical to the 1900s style – the szeceszió movement. The solution taken up for the bridge’s reinforced concrete arch was a technical first at that time.

The bridge is located on the land of the former “Esplanade”, the field on which building was forbidden until 1892, when the military fortress character of Timişoara was relinquished. From 1734 to 1868 this land was 948 m wide, stretching from the west side of the bridge up to present-day Traian Square.

East of the bridge begins the nowadays 3 August 1919 Bd., that, on the transom to Micloşi Square, is a true “reservation of 1900s architecture”.

 

Search the site

logo-engleza-1

Events

<<  September 2017  >>
 Mon  Tue  Wed  Thu  Fri  Sat  Sun 
      1  2  3
  4  5  6  7  8  9
 

Fotografii din Timișoara

Fotografii din Banat

Vremea

Mostly cloudy

14°C

Timișoara

Mostly cloudy

Exchange rate

 

european-cities-marketing-logo

For information about the other programmes financed by the European Union in Romania, as well as for detailed information regarding the membership of Romania in the European Union, please visit the website of the Representation of the European Commission in Romania.
The accuracy and the coherence of this website is the sole responsibility of the Municipality of Timisoara and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union.
ukash
elektronik sigara
elektronik sigara e sigara
elips c elektronik sigara
oyunlar oyna