Română (România)English (United Kingdom)Serbian

Maria Bridge

podul traian2-small

In the city center, close to the cathedral, on 16 Decembrie 1989 Bd.is the Traian Bridge.

Originally it was  made of timber, made of metal in 1871, reinforced in 1898 at tram electrification, dismantled in 1915 and set up in 1916 on higher foundations, thus allowing ships to pass underneath the present-day Mureşanu and Endre streets, and called today the Metal Bridge.

The current bridge was designed in 1911, engineer Károly Lad, architect Elemér Wachtel; because of the war, was finished only in 1916).

Coming from the Cetate district, the visitor passes over the bridge, which is a symbolic gateway to the Iosefin district, to the right, and the Elisabetin district, located to the left of the boulevard currently named 16 Decembrie 1989. The middle of the boulevard is the historic border between the two districts. The bridge’s upper part architecture, especially the simple forms of the built railings, corresponds to the last phase of the style of the 1900s, announcing the Art Deco style and the ways architectural appearance will follow after the First World War.

podul traian1-small

 

Search the site

logo-engleza-1

Events

<<  May 2019  >>
 Mon  Tue  Wed  Thu  Fri  Sat  Sun 
  
  

Fotografii din Timișoara

Fotografii din Banat

Exchange rate

 

european-cities-marketing-logo

For information about the other programmes financed by the European Union in Romania, as well as for detailed information regarding the membership of Romania in the European Union, please visit the website of the Representation of the European Commission in Romania.
The accuracy and the coherence of this website is the sole responsibility of the Municipality of Timisoara and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union.
ukash
elektronik sigara
elektronik sigara e sigara
elips c elektronik sigara
oyunlar oyna