Română (România)English (United Kingdom)Serbian

Franz Marschall Palace

palatul marshall crop smallSituated on the 12 T. Vladimirescu St., it was built in 1904.
The architect was Martin Gemeinhardt.

On the other side of the boulevard, opposite to the Timiş-Bega Palace, on Bega’s embankment (Splai), the Marschall Palace is singled out, architect Martin Gemeinhardt’s workmanship, one of the coryphaei of the 1900s architecture in Timişoara.

Gemeinhardt built especially in the Elisabetin district, but also in Iosefin district.

The building belongs to the 1900s style, the Art Nouveau eclectic movement.
The decorations, which set out, at the roof level, the corner between the boulevard and the embankment, as those that set out the median axle of the two street fronts, consisting of ribs inspired by Gothic architecture, are no longer existing.

Today, the corner is singled out by a triangular pediment, and the median axes by trapezoidal pediments, alien to the building’s original appearance. The luxurious facades’ decoration, with Neo-Gothic elements reinterpreted in the 1900s style, is only partly retained. It represents “the tree of life”, butterflies, typical Gothic flower elements, all reinterpreted in the manner of the 1900s, and the Art Nouveau style.

 

Search the site

logo-engleza-1

Events

<<  July 2019  >>
 Mon  Tue  Wed  Thu  Fri  Sat  Sun 
293031    

Fotografii din Timișoara

Fotografii din Banat

Exchange rate

 

european-cities-marketing-logo

For information about the other programmes financed by the European Union in Romania, as well as for detailed information regarding the membership of Romania in the European Union, please visit the website of the Representation of the European Commission in Romania.
The accuracy and the coherence of this website is the sole responsibility of the Municipality of Timisoara and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union.
ukash
elektronik sigara
elektronik sigara e sigara
elips c elektronik sigara
oyunlar oyna