Română (România)English (United Kingdom)Serbian

Palatul Jakob Klein

It is situated on 5, Henry Berthelot St.
It was built between 1905-1906, the architect was László Székely

The claim that master Székely designed the palace belongs to architect Michael Wolf, who was an intern in Székely’s office from the end of 1924 until the end of 1925, and later took over, as a young architect, the master’s office.

The building’s architecture belongs to the 1900s style, szeceszió movement.
The building’s ground floor is treated as a strong base with a bossage. On the façade towards Caraiman St., the entry’s bay is visually emphasized. The building’s corner to the present-day Plevna Square is curvedly connected to the surface with the façade from the square, being treated at the upper part as a plate tower.

The historian Dan Leopold Ciobotaru, former director of the Banat Museum, said about the entrance hall that it “is probably one of the most beautiful in the city.”

 

Search the site

logo-engleza-1

Events

<<  November 2019  >>
 Mon  Tue  Wed  Thu  Fri  Sat  Sun 
    
 

Fotografii din Timișoara

Fotografii din Banat

Exchange rate

 

european-cities-marketing-logo

For information about the other programmes financed by the European Union in Romania, as well as for detailed information regarding the membership of Romania in the European Union, please visit the website of the Representation of the European Commission in Romania.
The accuracy and the coherence of this website is the sole responsibility of the Municipality of Timisoara and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union.
ukash
elektronik sigara
elektronik sigara e sigara
elips c elektronik sigara
oyunlar oyna